Malaysia My 2nd Home (MM2H)
- It is the Government of Malaysia efforts and alternatives which allows the foreigners to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry Social Visit Pass (initially for a period of 10 years and is renewable) after certain criteria being fulfilled.
Why Malaysia is one of the countries that should be considered to living in?
- Open to citizens of countries recognized by Malaysia (any race, religion, gender or age).
- Allows to bring them their spouses, parents and children
- Foreign spouses of Malaysians and emigrant who wish to retire in Malaysia after expiry of their Employment Passes are also eligible to apply to stay in Malaysia on this programme.
- Allowed to bring their spouses, unmarried children below the age of 21 and parents above the age of 60 as dependants.
- MM2H initiated, organized and launched by the Malaysian Government.
|2.||Culture & Language
- Malay language (Bahasa Melayu) is the national language, English is the second language but other languages can be freely used and practiced.
- Malay culture is the dominant race in Malaysia and in the region but other cultures can be practiced very freely.
|3.||Recreation & Entertainment
- Family-theme parks, jungle trails, sports, water sports and one of the highest numbers of golf courses.
|4.||Food & Fruits
- International cuisine is available at very reasonable cost.
- Many races and cultures living together in harmony and has picked up best of each other’s food and made Malaysia into Asia’s Food Paradise.
- Tropical fruits are unique, exotic and available practically throughout the year.
- From high-end couture to ethnic handicrafts and internationally pewter ware.
- Comforts and convenience of shopping in air-conditioned malls and hypermarkets.
- Have a choice of watching movie, having fun at the bowling alley or enjoying the spread at the food court.
- Interesting feature of local life at the night markets or pasar malam.
- Fantastic discounts and special offers during the annual Mega Sales.
- Crime rate is relatively low
|7.||Standard of living
- Modern infrastructure and facilities in place
|8.||Cost of living
- Relatively low (Government’s effort to ensure that inflation is kept low at all times.
- Entire country connected with up-to-date, modern road, rail, air and sea transportation systems
- • Public transport by buses, taxis and trains are comfortable, efficient and very affordable.
- A delightful fusion of Asia’s oldest civilizations-Malay, Chinese and Indian.
- Indigenous traditions of the Kadazans, Ibans and other ethnic communities of Sabah and Sarawak on the Island of Borneo
- Added influence of the British, Portugese, Dutch and Thais.
|11.||Health and wellness
- Spas provide the ideal setting for complete rejuvenation and relaxation.
- Place for quality education from nursery to university with reasonable fees.
- Quality residences- terrace and semidetached houses, bungalows, apartments and condominiums throughout the country.
- Some of the finest residences are available in tourism zones- on beaches, near jungles and near theme parks, recreational places and city centers.
Applicants are expected to support themselves on this program in Malaysia.
|1. Aged below 50 years
||Liquid assets minimum of RM500,000
Offshore income RM10,000 per month
|2. Aged 50 and above
||Financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets
Offshore income RM10,000 per month
Those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government approved funds of RM10,000 per month.
|3. New applicants
|| Who have purchased properties worth at least RM1 million qualify to place a lower fixed deposit amount upon approval|
Upon receipt of the “conditional approval letter” from Immigration Department of Malaysia, the applicants are required to comply with the following financial criteria.
|1. Aged below 50 years
||A fixed deposit account of RM300,000.
After one (1) year, participant can withdraw up to RM150,000 for approve expenses (house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes).
Maintain a minimum balance of RM150,000 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this program
Participants who have purchased and owned property which were bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM150,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. The amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation on MM2H program
|2. Aged 50 and above
||Can either choose to:
After one (1) year, participants who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion can withdraw up to RM50,000 for approved expenses (house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes)
Must maintain a minimum balance of RM100,000 from the second year onwards and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this program.
Participants who have purchased and owned property which were bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM100,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. The amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation on MM2H program.
- Open fixed deposit account of RM150,000
- Show proof of government approved pension funds of RM10,000
** Effective 9 January, 2009 foreign citizens may apply to participate in MM2H programme directly, without going through any other third party, OR may continue to use the services of MM2H agents licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.
||Required to submit a medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia|
||Must possess valid medical insurance coverage that is applicable in Malaysia from any insurance company.
Exemption may be given for participants who face difficulty in obtaining a medical insurance due to their age or medical condition
|Security Bond (Direct Application Only)
||Applicants applying directly are required to fulfill the security bond condition.
Personal Bond for rate per person by nationality, ranging from RM200-RM2000
|Personal Bond ( Application Through Agent)
|| Licensed companies are required to provide the personal bond for their clients who have been approved under the MM2H Program.|
Termination as participant
**The letter or termination will be issued to applicant within 1 day from the date of submission
Step 1: Applicant should forward the following documents to the MM2H Centre.
- Letter of intention to terminate stay in Malaysia under this Programme
- Authorize Letter to Withdraw Fixed Deposit from Ministry of Tourism Malaysia
- Original Passport
- Original & copy of flight tickets
- I-Card (if applicable)
- Must be present in person at Immigration Department /State Immigration office to cancel the Social Visit Pass under the MM2H Programme.
- Applicant may proceed to relevant bank to withdraw the remaining fixed deposit (if applicable) after cancelling the Social Visit Pass.
After 5 year period
**The extension process takes approximately 7 days from the date of submission.
- Applicant must be present in person at the Immigration Department of Malaysia or State Immigration Department which issued the initial approval.
- Applicant should bring the following documents and payment:
a) Letter of intention to continue the Programme
b) Original & Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport
c) IMM. 55
d) IMM. 38 (if applicable)
e) Payment of RM90 per year for the Social Visit Pass, payable to the Immigration Department
f) Original & copy of Fixed Deposit (if applicable)
g) Current proof of Monthly Offshore Income (if applicable)
h) Original & copy Health Insurance
i) Original & copy of Confirmation Letter from Bank (if applicable)
j) Original © of Conditional approval letter
k) Provide security bond if for renewal done personally
Guidelines for applying for a license in the state of business tourism operations. (Malaysia My Second Home Programme)
Who can apply?
- The applicant must be a private limited company incorporated under the Companies Act 1965.
- TWO (2) copies of Form 1(Rule 3)
- Completed form should be sent directly to the Licensing or the Licensing Office of the Region, the Ministry of Tourism.
- If the form is downloaded from the internet, the applicant should write “Malaysia My Second Home” at the right side of the form by using pen.
- Name that being choose and used by the companies must be appropriate and represents the business tourism operations in the country (MM2H). It also must contain the words “MM2H” at the end of the name of the company.
E.g.: “Berjaya Tour (MM2H) Sdn. Bhd.
Type of licensed business
- Business Tourism: Domestic Tourism (MM2H)
- The applicant must submit TWO (2) copies and also contain the information as in attachment.
- RM 50,000
Total paid-up share capital held
- Foreign Equity
- Foreign equity (individual / company) is restricted to a maximum of 30%.
Documents needed when submitting application
- Document and form of the Companies Act 1965 which has been validated by the Office of The Registrar of Companies.
TWO (2) copies of share certificates for each of the paid up share capital.
TWO (2) recent colour passport size photograph of each member of the Board of Directors and Shareholders of the paid-up capital
- TWO (2) copies of Memorandum and Articles of Company
- TWO (2) copies of Form 9- Certificate of Incorporation of Private Company
- TWO (2) copies of Form 13- Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name of Company.
- TWO (2) copies of Form 24- Returned of Allotment of Shares
- TWO (2) copies Form 25- Statement Containing Particulars of Shares Allotted Otherwise Than For Cash
- TWO (2) copies of Form 32A- Form of Transfer of Securities
- TWO (2) copies of Form 49- Return Giving Particulars in Register of Directors, Managers and Change of Particulars.
Notes: 2 copies of the documents must be submitted with the application form to the Malaysia My Second Home Centre.
- RM100 to be submitted when applying for.
- All payments must be made in the form of bank draft / money order / cashier’s order in the name of tourism commissioner, ministry of tourism. Company name and file reference numbers ministry (if any) must be written clearly on the back of bank draft money order / cashier's order concerned.
The license issued is one year
- License and sticker will be issued only when the space requirements of the premises and licensing fees have been met / cleared by the applicant.
- Businesses can only be done when the license was issued to the applicant.
Business Premises Space
- Area of at least 400 k.p
- Not shared by other businesses
- Business premises operating either in the office complex, shopping complex, hotel or home store and the premises must be located in suitable and strategic locations.
- Residential space is not allowed
- Period for preparation business premises space
- Provided within two (2) months from the date of approval
Licensing Fees (1 year)
- Business tourism in the State (MM2H)- RM250